6.07.2005

Last China Trip












I decided to post another series of photos because it had been a while since my last posting . . . and photos are neat. These pictures, like the last series, are from a trip to Guangzhou. But they're a little different: they're posted vertically, and then they're also pictures of different things.

These are from a trip to Guangzhou with Nathan and Trey. We went as a much-needed (if not deserved) break from Meizhou. We ate at a spectacular Brazilian restaurant where gauchos (or at least Chinese guys dressed up as gauchos) brought around huge portions of meat on skewers. It was spectacular and it had us all wondering why we weren't in Guangzhou for the last year. A Chinese-Muslim restaurant was excellent, and so was a cool jazz club.

We also went shopping for some gifts and for ourselves a bit. The last time I was in Guangzhou by myself, I went to a huge area to buy copy watches. We all went back there to buy some Rolexes and what not--one of few (if not the only) perk of working in China. One of our friends from Guangzhou, Sophia, wants to study international copyright law. She was amazed to know that so many copyright-infringed things could be bought right in the downtown area of her hometown.

Well, this was probably the last trip that I'll be taking until the big one back home in a month. So don't be disappointed if the postings are a little boring. I work with what I've got, and life here can be a little boring. Maybe I'll go introspective or something. Keep in touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home