10.21.2005

Music Multitask


I stopped carrying my iPod. I'll put it in my bag and listen while I'm reading a newspaper or having coffee, but I won't listen as I walk or talk or work. It got disgusting.

Since I quit, I notice little things like songs' lyrics or composition--you know, the song itself. When I had all that music there all the time, it lost all it's magic. A new album just isn't the same when I listen to it on the way to work, the way back from work, working out. It isn't special when I don't have to take a second and pay attention.

Or maybe I'm just not capable of musical multitasking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Galadriel Thompson said...

Ranthony! Sorry to have missed you at the alumni gathering. We didn't want to go into labor in Emporia or something. Question. Anything new that you are listening to that I might like?

10/25/2005 4:05 PM  
Blogger anthony said...

ray garadrier! i have been listening to some cool tunes. a few albums: "simple things" by ZERO7, who are a british down tempo band that were on the garden state soundtrack. "summer in abaddon" by PINBACK reminds me of a college experience that i never really had. but it was a good experience.

also, i think you'd really like "let it die" by FEIST and "the clarence greenwood recordings" by CITIZEN COPE.

10/27/2005 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home