1.16.2006

Here's Winking at You



721925871
Taken a year ago, this was during a trip to Shanghai with a photo-happy friend. Finding myself the subject of too many of his pics, I devised a brilliant plan. Whenever possible, I would strike a silly pose and/or make a ridiculous face as he shot.

Though my tactics didn't produce the desired result, they did yield a treasury of photographs detailing the depths of my apparent stupidity and tactlessness. From the small town of Meizhou to the bustling metropolis of Shanghai; in taxis, buses, subways, and planes; from hotels to restaurants, I frowned and winked across China. I think I'm safe in saying it was wasted on everyone but me.

7 Comments:

Blogger slim with tha tilted brim said...

As a budding counselor of psychology, this sheds great light on you. You often put on a mask of silly faces to avoid showing us the real you, what other masks do you put on? How do you feel when you put these various masks on? How do you fell now that I am asking you about your masks? What about now? and Now? and how do you feel now? oh, you missed it, I meant then then, but go ahead and describe how you felt then and now. but by the time you get to now it will be a "then" again. nevermind
ps. either ignore my naked body while you answer any of these, or tell me how you feel about it.

1/17/2006 6:20 PM  
Blogger slim with tha tilted brim said...

Ok I switched my icon. But I am interested in why it bothers Anthony so much and why it turns on Luke (the eunuch). No doubt my current icon probably does the same for him if not more.

1/18/2006 12:00 AM  
Blogger anthony said...

okay, i'll just say it. i'm worried that you see yourself as a terminator. there.

1/18/2006 5:46 AM  
Blogger anthony said...

i'd have to say philip's naked body reminds me almost of a banana, or maybe a sweet potato.

1/18/2006 8:33 AM  
Blogger Galadriel Thompson said...

I'm going to go with the sweet potato. The sweeterminator potato.

1/18/2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger anthony said...

sweet potatoes and goblins. predicting where these blog comments will go has to be one of the hardest jobs ever. i'm glad it's not my job.

1/18/2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger anthony said...

oooooh!!! smack!

1/18/2006 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home