5.03.2006

Pray for (No) Rain

Seeding

Jim, I know my dad and I planned to take you fishing on Friday and share in the marine bounty of the Flint Hills. I'm sorry to say it looks like rain is again heading our way.

But not to worry: I've called an emergency meeting of the Department of Defense-Department of Fish and Wildlife Joint Flyfishing Taskforce. We're exploring breaking up the incoming storm fronts with some C130s out of Nebraska. They're going to deploy some top-secret monosodium glutamate flares. If that doesn't work, we've got a team negotiating with the Pawnee to do a very rare Reverse Rain Dance. I'll keep you informed on our progress.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

that's cool, thanks for trying. i'll be mExmporia regardless to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

5/04/2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger anthony said...

sounds gu, jimster.

luke, i went fishing for the right term before i posted, but wikipedia and google failed me. it's hard to find out about something online when you don't know how to write it. and i certainly wasn't going to ask you.

my mom made way too much baklava and stuffed mushroom caps yesterday. but no one wanted it so i took it down to the homeless shelter. sorry, dude. maybe next year.

5/04/2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger john said...

So does a reverse rain dance look like a regular rain dance except in reverse like rewinding a video? happy fishing.

5/04/2006 4:42 PM  
Blogger anthony said...

i see that you are a true aficionado. pictures to come.

5/04/2006 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home